These are indeed uncertain and concerning times, yet it is vital to remember we are a community, addressing issues such as COVID-19 together, while supporting and respecting each other in every possible way.
At Glenn Funeral Home and Crematory and our family of companies, our priority is caring for the families we serve, our associates committed to providing that care, and our community.
The dedicated compliance team of Glenn Family Services companies is carefully monitoring guidelines and recommendations from:
- The Center for Disease Control
- Kentucky state government
- National Funeral Directors Association
- Funeral Directors Association of Kentucky
- Selected Independent Funeral Homes
We will post any and all related updates received from any of the above or other reliable sources.
There have thus far been no directives that visitations or services should be cancelled. We are committed to being fully adaptable to the wishes of the families we serve and the well-being of our community. Glenn Funeral Home and Crematory will be in communication with all churches to coordinate with their protocols, family wishes and best practices.
We are taking every precaution to accommodate family wishes regarding funeral arrangements and services while taking all steps to assure the safety and comfort of those wishing to honor their loved one. Those steps include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of our exclusive Glenn Collaboration Center which allows families, local or distant, should they wish, to interact in real time with their funeral director through a password protected portal
- Streaming services over the internet should families wish to.
- Posted reminders regarding physical contact among visitors and family
- Our website (www.glenncares.com) online register page
- Honoring telephone requests for names to be added to the physical register book.
- Continued adherence to our existing internal universal precaution protocols
- Thermometers in our transfer vehicles to assure no Glenn associate with a fever will enter any facility with highly susceptible or compromised individuals
- Hand sanitizer, as always
My family has been privileged to care for and honor the Owensboro-Daviess County community and surrounding areas for more than 115 years. We remain fully committed to providing that care and honor to the very best of our ability.
You may visit our website (www.glennfuneralhome.com) or Facebook page for updates as they become available.
Glenn Taylor and the associates of Glenn Family Services.